Message sent from:

Roding Primary School & Nursery with Provision for Deaf Children.

Roding Lane North, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 8NP


Originally, the land surrounding Roding Primary School was part of a large site owned by Barnardos, the children’s charity.

In 1913, The Woodford Bridge Garden City Council Elementary School was opened for boys from the local Dr. Barnardo’s Home. The school was located near the Menzies London Chigwell Hotel (formerly The Prince Regent).

In 1978 Barnardos sold 18 acres of land to builders Roger Malcolm Limited of Wembley. They developed over 200 homes and we now know this area as Gwynne Park estate!

Roding Primary School was built in 1938, although this was not the school name at the beginning. Initially, the school building was used by the fire service during the Second World War.

In 1946, the school was opened as a county junior school when single-storey buildings were added. In 1948 a separate infant school was established.  The amalgamation of the Infant and Junior schools took place in 1952 thus creating the current Roding Primary School.  

And as we commerorate almost 65 years, as such, we continually strive towards achieving our aims and goals, providing our very best to our children and communities. 

Hit enter to search